Thursday, October 3, 2013

Eleven Thirty-Four - Reality Filter

Eleven Thirty-Four - Reality Filter (1997)
My friend Kyle showed me this band many years ago and I am glad he did because I really do like this record a lot. This band was from Huntington Beach, CA. I've always had a tough time actually describing this band because I don't really think they sound like any other bands I've really listened to before. Maybe a bit like Outspoken? Well they were around late 90s and the songs are mid tempo with a lot of cool bouncy, funky riffs. I'm a big fan of bands who utilize palm muting in such a funky way. Four Walls Falling did it a bunch with their Culture Shock album and of course Bad Brains did it a lot, too. In any case, I absolutely never hear anyone talk about this band so check it and out and tell me what you think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment